We Dig Vegan food! We offer the best vegan recipes and restaurant reviews for vegans. Read our vegan food blogs or write your own blog posts. To write your own post just, join our community (it is free) and then click on the + symbol in the right hand corner of the Foodie Blog tab. Any ads for products or spammy remarks will be deleted. The user will be removed. That being said, feel free to promote your Vegan restaurant or favorite recipe!
I have been searching for a vegan white sauce for pasta. My children love pasta but too much red sauce has a bad effect on my youngest. So I did a little searching and can't wait to try this one out. Spoon Fork Bacon has a very yummy sounding cauliflower cream sauce. Let me know if you try it out and like it!
Vegan Cauliflower Cream Sauce
Makes 2 cups
2 heads cauliflower, cut into small florets
3 small shallots, cut into wedges
6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Place cauliflower, shallots, garlic, and coconut oil into a mixing bowl and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread mixture onto a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until florets are fork tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Pick out garlic cloves, remove peels and discard. Add roasted garlic back to mixture.
5. Pour mixture and remaining ingredients into a blender, season with salt and pepper and puree until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Pour puree into a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings and toss together with your favorite pasta and serve.
Welcome to our Restaurant Review Community - - a Social Community where restaurant reviews are shared between Community and Friends. Please feel free to add your Restaurant Reviews, make Friends, or just hang out and talk about food!